~*~...the labyrinth of roads that weave through the cities littered with the hopes of glorious dreamers, limitless mountains that dare us to reach their peaks, endless waves of deserts and flatlands envious of the overbearing sky -- that weave through other lonely empty roads -- are all connected, connecting us. we're all... on an adventure -- destination being each other...~*~







Thursday, December 9, 2010

...it's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert...

I'm horrible at these things... I used to be better -- when they were addicting and it was the cool thing to do. Now I have a journal I carry on my hip and a pencil in my hair. Although, since I returned home, I haven't really been keeping up with that either. It must seem strange that I carry it around and write nothing in it... ^_^

Everything, it seems, has been stalled... my writing having been the most affected. I know I just need to sit down with my notebook and a pencil and it will all come back. I'm just so easily distracted from it now. During and for a little while after Denver I read like I was starved for the words, but since it's been another thing I seem distracted from.

The last book I read and finished was My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares, which was good, but not her best. It's supposed to be a series, yet that book on its own felt like there should've been more to it. I've tried several times since to pick up another book -- from Angels and Demons to Deliverance Dane -- with no success. Suggestions are welcome : )

So I've come to a decision. For four hours, everyday, all electronics will be turned off -- cell phone, computer and especially the TV -- the iPod however is necessary. When I'm working at the restaurant, the four hours doesn't start until I return home and when I'm staying at friends I'll still stick to my four hours (it could turn into longer, once I start it's really hard to stop sometimes) even if it's after they've all fallen asleep.

Now it's just a matter of picking out a book to start off with... oh the challenges...

No comments:

Post a Comment